Make Your Move /
Health Reform & the Commercial Marketplace
May 4, 2009 | Washington, DC
Conference Overview /
New federal legislation, if enacted, will reshape relationships among health plans, manufacturers, employers, consumers, and the government. Avalere Health’s Symposium, Make Your Move / Health Reform & the Commercial Marketplace, will focus on the critical intersection of unfolding policy decisions and their imminent impact on the commercial healthcare world. We will help you understand:
- Coverage: How will coverage expansions change the demand for healthcare products and services, and what lessons can we learn from recent program expansions like Medicare’s Part D program, and various state-based coverage expansions?
- Cost controls: How will the federal government’s dramatic increase in comparative effectiveness research change the way manufacturers and payers adjust their business strategies?
- Coordination: How will new payment incentives, increased support for health information technologies, and the emergence of new models of care delivery shape decision-making by physicians, hospitals, and payers?
- Competition: As healthcare reform changes the rules of the insurance marketplace, what impact will changes in health benefit design and premium structure have on the marketplace?
- Capital: Hospitals, physician groups, and the nursing home communities face unprecedented challenges in accessing capital – even as health reform proposals contemplate significant changes in care delivery and payment systems. How will the marketplace adjust, and what are policymakers thinking?
Missed the Health Reform and Commercial Marketplace Symposium?
Download PDF summary (177KB)